Q1- Match the following:
Narmada Valley – The first big kingdom
Magadha – Hunting and gathering
Garo hills – Cities about 2500 years ago
Indus and its tributaries – Early agriculture
Ganga Valley – The first cities
Narmada Valley – Hunting and gathering
Magadha – The first big kingdom
Garo hills – Early agriculture
Indus and its tributaries – The first cities
Ganga Valley – Cities about 2500 years ago
Q2: List one major difference between manuscripts and inscriptions.
ANS 2: Manuscripts:-
- They were written by hand.
- These were usually written on palm leaf, or on the bark of the birch tree, which grows in the Himalayas.
- These are writings on relatively hard surfaces such as stone or metal with the help of sharp objects.
Q3: Return to Rasheeda’s question. Can you think of some answers to it?
ANS 3: By manuscripts By inscriptions, By tools & objects found in excavations.
Q4: Make a list of all the objects that archaeologists may find. Which of these could be made of stone?
ANS 4: Potteries, Statues, Ornaments, Tools, Skeletons, Toys, & Cloth. Out of these Potteries, statues and Ornaments can be made up of stones.
Q5. Why do you think ordinary men and women did not generally keep records of what they did?
ANS. Ordinary men and women did not generally keep the record of what they did because-
- Their work was not important.
- They lacked proper writing methods.
Q6. Describe at least two ways in which you think the lives of kings would have been different from those of farmers.
- The kings setup large kingdoms whereas farmers live a simple life.
- The farmers did not keep the record of what they did whereas the kings kept the record.