Q1. Match the following.
sukta – stone boulder
chariots – sacrifice
yajna – well said
dasa – used in battles
megalith – slave
sukta – well said
chariots – used in battles
yajna – sacrifice
dasa – slave
megalith – stone boulder
Q2. Complete the sentences.
- Slaves were used for work.
- Megaliths are found in south india,north east and kashmir.
- Stone circles or boulders on the surface were used to indicate the exact place of burial.
- Port holes were used for enterence in burial place.
- People at inamgaon ate wheat barley, rice, pulses, millets, peas, seasame etc.
Q3. In what ways are the books we read today different from the rigveda?
Ans. The books we read today are written and read whereas the vedas were memorised by the students.
Q4. What kind of evidence from burials do archaeologists use to find out whether there were social differences amongst those who were buried?
Ans. some skeletons were buried with a great number of pots while some with just a few of them. Archaeologists have thus concluded that people were buried with objects depending upon their status.
Q5. In what ways do you think that the life of a ‘raja’ was different from that of a ‘dasa’ or ‘dasi’?
Ans. Rajas were the kings of the community whereas the dasa or dasis were the lowest position in society.