Skip to content
Home » Bahmani kingdom [short notes for UPSC]
- Bahmani kingdom was established by Alauddin Bahman Shah in 1347 AD.
- Bahman Shah made his capital at Gulbarga.
- His empire was divided into 4 provinces. (Gulbarga, Daultbad, Barar and Bidar)
- Shihabuddin Ahmed-I shifted his capital from Gulbarga to Bidar and was renamed Muhammadabad.
- He was also known as Ahmed shah vali or saint Ahmed.
- Mehmood Gawa was the prime minister of Alauddin Humayun.
- Mehmood Gawa got victory over Goa.
- He established a university at Bidar.
- Muhammad-III appointed Mehmood Gawa as prime minister and gave him the title Kwaja.
- Barid-ul-Mumalik was known as the fox of Deccan.
- Kalimullah was the last ruler of this dynasty.
- Hindola Mahal was constructed by Hosangshah.
- Jahaz Mahal at Mandu was constructed by Mehmood-I.
- Ibrahim Shah established a Hindu state in Kashmir.
- Jainul Abedin was known as the Akbar of Kashmir.
- The first Muslim ruler of Kashmir was Shamshuddin Shah.
- The tomb of Mandani at Srinagar was constructed by Butshikan Sikandar.
- Atala Devi Mosque at Jaunpur was constructed by Ibrahim shah.
- Bazbahadur and Roopmati Mahal were constructed by sultan Nasiruddin shah.
Bahmani empire was divided into 5 independent states as above.
|Golconda||Qutub shahi||Quli Qutub shah|
|Bidar||Baridshahi||Amir Ali Barid|